Despite recent news that the National Parks Service has decided to start enforcing state laws that prohibit public nudity on Fire Island this summer, the Pines and Cherry Grove section will evidently not be affected by this decision.
Tag: Cherry Grove
Monica Storm nabbed the title of Ms. Fire Island, a competition for the more veteran queens. Holly Dae picked up the Entertainer of the Year Award.
The Miss Fire Island pageant attracts drag queens from around the globe to the Ice Palace in Cherry Grove each year. So even though you’ll hear the same penis jokes over-and-over again, at least it’s from a variety of men in dresses.
Yuhua, who is a regular performer in Manhattan, can be seen on Friday nights at Boots and Saddle and Saturdays at the Web. She is no stranger to pageantry. She was also crowned Miss Stonewall 2012 earlier this year. Move over, Honey Boo Boo!
Congratulations to the new queen of queens!
Guest Editorial by Daniel Nardicio
Let’s face it- men are visual. We work off visual clues and aspire to bed creatures with these visual clues. But most of us aren’t blessed genetically- in fact the opposite.
Many people have commented on why I am surrounded by so many good looking guys. Yes some of them are on my staff, (I JUST realized how sexual that sounds!) but I attract mos of theml because I’ve mastered the art of bagging hot guys.
I could make millions off these tips, but I’ve decided to give them FREE to you, my dear readers.
Here are 10 tips on how an average guy can get a hot guy:
- Never tell them how good looking they are. It’s boring, they probably already know, and you’d never go up to a rich person and say: “You have so much money!!” Instead be charming, funny and approach them as if you are on their level.
- If they used to be fat, glance occasionally at their mid section disapprovingly but NEVER say anything. (This is only a move to make if they are starting to give you attitude… And these are virtual gold mines! I firmly believe that bagging an ex-fat guy is the holy grail, because they are so appreciative in bed!)
- Keep all your fair weather friends away from them. (This is especially true on Fire Island). Girlfriend are girlfriends, but put some drinks in them and they’ll throw you overboard faster than you can say “Angelina Jolie!”
- Pretend he’s smart. Even if he’s not, just pretend he is (it’s easier). Plus i’ve learned throughout the years that smart guys often think they’re dumb, and sadly, dumb guys think they are smart.
- Treat him like a prince in bed. ’nuff said.
- Listen to him (this is a general rule all around.)
- Act interested in anything he finds interesting.
- Don’t pay for anything! If you want a hooker, go to rentboy.com. If you start by buying drinks and paying for things, you will quickly become “that guy” (a.k.a the cash cow).
- Repeat after me: “hot guys are like buses… wait 5 minutes and another one will come along.” Don’t be desperate. If a guy gives you the brush off, move on. If he’s rude (which happens in the Pines), then try this line: “why not lower your standards? I did!” (Try to snap a pic of their face when you say this and send it to me!)
- If I’m heading into a shark tank (a room full of hot guys) I decide to, ummm, take matters into my own hands before I go. (In other words, don’t go there horny.) We’ve all made stupid decisions when revved up, and the best advice I can give you is: if you go into the shark tank with no agenda , you can work the room like a calm sexy self assured guy that you are.
Now take this invaluable advice you have been given and land your hot guy!
Daniel Nardicio iis an American radio personality, Nightlife promoter, entrepreneur, and creator of the social network Dlist.com, and has often been referred to by the media as the “Gay Howard Stern.” You may also recognize him as the former Playgirl scout or as the promoter at the Ice Palace (a.k.a the man who brought Liza Minelli to Fire Island). You can reach him and find out more about Daniel’s world on his website.
It’s almost that time of the year, ladies. The moment when an island is overtaken by sheer debauchery, lust, drugs, and a nice helping of overpriced alcohol. Yes, the season for Fire Island is quickly approaching even with the back and forth “he said, she said” nonsense about The Pines and its condition. Whether or not that Mecca of Chelsea boys in exile will be up and running come 4th of July has yet to be seen but who cares, right? Get out your best Louboutins and weave and hit the open ocean while looking your fashionably best.
I’ve compiled a list of five drag “looks” that I personally think would be showstoppers with originality and creativity. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a queen pull off these looks… well, not half decent anyway. Keep in mind all of these get-ups can be yours if you give yourself enough time to browse the women’s sections of your local thrift stores. Trust me; they always have better women’s garments anyway. Read more