40. “Woman’s World” – Cher
39. “Let Me Love You” – Neyo
38. “Too Close” – Alex Clare
37. “Marry The Night” – Lady Gaga
36. “Time Bomb” – Kylie Minogue
35. “F#$k You Betta” – Neon Hitch
34. “Girl Gone Wild” – Madonna
33. “Turn Up the Music” Chris Brown ft. Rihanna
This was the song that brought back Chris Brown’s career after he beat the #$#$ out of Rihanna in that highly publicized fight. Then he and his on and off love interest, Rihanna decide to rerelease two of their own songs with each other as guests on them. “Birthday Cake” was Rihanna’s Chris Brown collab. This shocked everyone, more in disgust. Even though Chris Brown is a total ahole for what he did, he and Rihanna are still both amazing artists. And these are great songs.
32. “I Found You” – The Wanted
31. “Beauty and a Beat” – Justin Bieber ft Nicki Minaj
30. “Diamonds” – Rihanna
29. “Feels So Close” – Calvin Harris
28. “Scream” – Usher
27. “Wide Awake” – Katy Perry
26. “Cry (Just a Little)” – Bingo Players
This Dutch dance duo had huge dance singles in 2011 with this song and “Rattle”. However this song makes the list as it caught on big in 2012…. particularly because Flo Rida sampled it in his 2012 hit song “Cry”. Speaking of samples, these songs wouldn’t be anything without the hook from Brenda Russell’s 1988 hit “Piano in the Dark.”
25. “Your Body” – Christina Aguilera
24. “Wild Ones” – Flo Rida ft. Sia
23. “Sweet Nothing” – Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch
I am a huge fan of the very underrated Florence and the Machine and with the huge success of fellow UK artist Adele, I wanted nothing more than Florence to get a top mainstream hit. But alas, Nothing. “Sweet Nothing.” Yes this song took Florence from being an INDIE favorite,GLEE featured, and Twilight Soundtrack included artist, to an even broader mainstream level. Just as David Guetta propelled Sia to the top of the charts, so is Calvin with Florence. Brilliant choice of Harris to pick her for this smash of a single.
22. “Sexy and I Know It” – LMFAO
21. “Stronger” – Kelly Clarkson
20. “Give Me All Your Luvin” – Madonna ft. Nicki Minaj (LMFAO remix)
This single by Madonna was a horrible flop and most definitely the WORST song of 2012. But I am talking about the original. The REMIX however is AMAZING. LMFAO really shine and turn such a bad track into a club favorite. They are even smart enough to cut out the middle finger happy MIA. Why Empress M decided not to use this VERSION as her single is beyond me. That was a HUGE mistake. I actually truly believe this version (which is on the deluxe album) would have been a “4 Minutes” style hit for Madge. LMFAO were very in at the moment and still big with “Sexy as I know it” as they even quote in the song.
18. “Birthday Cake” – Rihanna
19. “Scream & Shout” – Will.I.am ft. Britney Spears
It’s Britney Bitch! That tag line has now become signature for our Brit Brit. Clearly Will.I.am has been listening to some JUMP SMOKERS, as they famously used that tag line from “Gimme More” in Britney’s recent hit “Hold It Against Me” in their remix. Well Will.I.am was smart enough to follow suit. But let’s make one thing clear, I love the Black Eyed Peas and I do enjoy Will.I.am but his solo career has had flop after flop after flop. Remember “I Got it from my Mama” which sounded like a really bad “My Humps” or how about that recent train wreck “The E.N.D.” with JLO and Mick Jagger. At least the line up sounded amazing too bad the song didn’t. So BEP’s frontman was doomed. Beyond desperate for a hit. Even his actually good song with Eva Simons didn’t catch on. What does one do in this situation? Turn to the Queen of Pop (hey I called Madonna Empress earlier…cool it) yes Ms. Britney Spears is almighty enough to give Will.I.am. a solo hit finally after all these years. It’s Britney Bitch!
17. “Dance (A$$)” – Big Sean ft. Nicki Minaj
16. “Danza Kuduro” – Don Omar & Lucenzo
Any latin will tell you HOW OLD this song is. It was huge for them in 2010. Then in 2011 Fast Five came out and this song was introduced to America in the closing credits. This Spanish/Portuguese song didn’t really blow up until this year in 2012. Now everyone no matter what ethnicity will go crazy for this song. Its all over the radio. Heard at weddings. Its a great song. Too bad we’re so behind in our latin music here in the US!
15. “Pound the Alarm” – Nicki Minaj
14. “We Run the Night” – Havana Brown
13. “Lets Go” – Calvin Harris ft. Neyo
12. “Somebody That I Used to Know” – Gotye
11. “We Are Young” – fun.