President Bill Clinton covered all the bases and then some on Wednesday night as he officially nominated Barack Obama to be the Democratic nominee as he tries to hold the White House in November.
Clinton was given the task of rallying the Democratic base and reminding voters that having a two term Democrat as president isn’t a bad thing. As the most recent Dem to do so, Clinton’s goal was to essentially talk up Obama comparing the current president’s position to the one he was in back in 1996 as frequently as possible. The biggest difference, ho
wever, is that Clinton coasted easily into a second term while Romney is giving Obama a run for his money.
Clinton not only pointed out the hightlights of Obama’s first term, but he was also painted the a picture of the opposition pointing out their uber conservative message and accused them of hating the president even turning against veterans in their own party who worked across party lines.
However, the part of the evening that reminded us why they call him “Slick Willie” was when made the new Republican regime out to be the worst ever by complimenting Ronald Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush and even George W. Bush. Clinton spoke of times when he worked with each showing that they too were supportive of bi-partisan politics compared to the new generation in the GOP who seems adamant against doing so.
Clinton, who like Obama, has given some of the best speeches in American political history came full circle by citing multiple areas in which the President tapped his challengers to do what’s right for the country from appointing Republicans and Hillary Clinton’s top advisers to his cabinet. President Clinton received a standing ovation as he said Obama “even appointed Hillary.”
Although Secretary of State Clinton wasn’t at the DNC, her presence was definitely felt. In previous speeches and presentations, her name was mentioned plenty. However, none gave her the praise that her husband did as he talked about how proud he was of her and how important it was for she and the President to work closely together putting their rivalry behind them to do what’s right for the country in a speech aimed at proving that’s something the new GOP leaders refused to do.
In its final night, the DNC will move outdoors were President Barack Obama will officially begin his re-election bid as the nominee for the Democratic party.
In a city full of parties and events where most lack creative talent and variety, there’s one event that still takes the garter belt for me. Armed with their spot-on vintage wardrobes and ability to woo an audience, the guys and gals of Champagne Riot threw another showstopper performance this past Tuesday evening at the intimate Iridium Jazz Club on Broadway. Rightfully titled Teach Me Tonight and assisting that back to school crowd in downing one more drink before hitting the books once more.
Guest Editorial by Daniel Nardicio
Let’s face it- men are visual. We work off visual clues and aspire to bed creatures with these visual clues. But most of us aren’t blessed genetically- in fact the opposite.
Many people have commented on why I am surrounded by so many good looking guys. Yes some of them are on my staff, (I JUST realized how sexual that sounds!) but I attract mos of theml because I’ve mastered the art of bagging hot guys.
I could make millions off these tips, but I’ve decided to give them FREE to you, my dear readers.
Here are 10 tips on how an average guy can get a hot guy:
- Never tell them how good looking they are. It’s boring, they probably already know, and you’d never go up to a rich person and say: “You have so much money!!” Instead be charming, funny and approach them as if you are on their level.
- If they used to be fat, glance occasionally at their mid section disapprovingly but NEVER say anything. (This is only a move to make if they are starting to give you attitude… And these are virtual gold mines! I firmly believe that bagging an ex-fat guy is the holy grail, because they are so appreciative in bed!)
- Keep all your fair weather friends away from them. (This is especially true on Fire Island). Girlfriend are girlfriends, but put some drinks in them and they’ll throw you overboard faster than you can say “Angelina Jolie!”
- Pretend he’s smart. Even if he’s not, just pretend he is (it’s easier). Plus i’ve learned throughout the years that smart guys often think they’re dumb, and sadly, dumb guys think they are smart.
- Treat him like a prince in bed. ’nuff said.
- Listen to him (this is a general rule all around.)
- Act interested in anything he finds interesting.
- Don’t pay for anything! If you want a hooker, go to rentboy.com. If you start by buying drinks and paying for things, you will quickly become “that guy” (a.k.a the cash cow).
- Repeat after me: “hot guys are like buses… wait 5 minutes and another one will come along.” Don’t be desperate. If a guy gives you the brush off, move on. If he’s rude (which happens in the Pines), then try this line: “why not lower your standards? I did!” (Try to snap a pic of their face when you say this and send it to me!)
- If I’m heading into a shark tank (a room full of hot guys) I decide to, ummm, take matters into my own hands before I go. (In other words, don’t go there horny.) We’ve all made stupid decisions when revved up, and the best advice I can give you is: if you go into the shark tank with no agenda , you can work the room like a calm sexy self assured guy that you are.
Now take this invaluable advice you have been given and land your hot guy!
Daniel Nardicio iis an American radio personality, Nightlife promoter, entrepreneur, and creator of the social network Dlist.com, and has often been referred to by the media as the “Gay Howard Stern.” You may also recognize him as the former Playgirl scout or as the promoter at the Ice Palace (a.k.a the man who brought Liza Minelli to Fire Island). You can reach him and find out more about Daniel’s world on his website.
President Bill Clinton will take center stage at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night, and his role is important. As the last Democrat in the White House, it is Clinton’s duty to remind voters that having a two term Democrat as President isn’t a bad thing.
Clinton, who is known to be a great motivator and a very powerful speaker, is the only big name on the agenda for the DNC that night. This will be his chance to rally the Democratic base, and the Obama campaign hopes he will be able to rally solid supporters as well as woo some swing voters.
Eight years ago, I never would have even imagine I might say this. However, both Bill and Hillary Clinton represent a moderate voice for a party that has been veering left in recent years.
By reminding (and reassuring) voters that he believes in Barack Obama as the leader of the free world, Clinton could be the president’s only hope at a bump in the polls following the DNC.
Mitt Romney and Republicans have borrowed a line from Ronald Reagan in the days since their convention wrapped asking Americans if they are better off now than they were four years ago when
Obama first took office. If President Clinton can convince them that they are, then his speech might even be more important than the one President Obama will give Thursday as he accepts the party’s nomination for his re-election bid.
[Editorial Note: Politqueer is a hybrid news/ op-ed piece penned regularly by Editorial Director and founder, Charles Winters. It may be one sided, and it may not exactly represent the view points of everyone within our organization. If you don’t agree with the opinions expressed in the Politiqueer column, then feel free to comment below.]