The final finding in Whitney Houston’s cause of death have been released as the coroner hands over the complete autopsy reports to police and the Houston family.0
The coroner’s first report revealed that Houston died of accidental drowning in a hotel room bathroom. Then, the Los Angeles Coroner’s office said that Whitney’s toxicology reports proved that the singer did cocaine just before her death. Now, there are even more details from Houston’s tragic death.
These are some of the updates that can be found in the 42 page coroner’s report:
- Whitney’s assistant, who told investigators that she suggested the singer take a bath, is the one who found her in the bathtub.
- Houston’s lifeless body was face down in about 12 inches of water.
- The water had flown out of the bathroom and onto the carpet in the hotel room.
- A small spoon and a rolled up piece of white paper was found in the bathroom with a white substance on each.
- The same white powder was found in a drawer in the room along with a small mirror.
- It appears that Houston was scalded by the temperature of the water in the bathtub.
- While investigating her body, the coroner found a hole in Whitney’s nose (as sign of frequent cocaine use).
Houston, of course, was found dead the night before the Grammy Awards while staying at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. She was in Los Angeles to attend the awards ceremony and a party being thrown by Clive Davis the night that she died. Whitney’s sole heir was her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown.